Place:


Seagrave  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seagrave like this:

SEAGRAVE, a parish, with a village, in Barrow-upon-Soar district, Leicester; 2 miles N N E of Sileby r.station, and 6 S E by E of Loughborough. It has a post-office under Loughborough. Acres, 2, 470. Real property, £3, 422. Pop., 443. Houses, 96. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £404.* Patron, Queen's College, Cambridge. The church was restored in 1858. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and some charities. Burton, the author of the " Anatomy of Melancholy, " was rector.

Seagrave through time

Seagrave is now part of Charnwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Charnwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Seagrave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seagrave, in Charnwood and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11256

Date accessed: 21st August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Seagrave ".