Place:


Llandawke  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandawke like this:

LLANDAWKE, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; near the mouth of the river Taff, 1¼ mile W by N of Laugharne, and 4¼ S of St. Clears r. station. Post town, Laugharne, under St. Clears. Acres, 613. Real property, £549. Pop., 38. Houses, 6. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Pendine, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, not reported. Patron, W. Powell, Esq. The church was reported in 1859 as bad.

Llandawke through time

Llandawke is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandawke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandawke in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10948

Date accessed: 26th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandawke ".