Place:


Llanthewy Vach  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanthewy Vach like this:

LLANTHEWY-VACH, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on an affluent of the river Usk, 2¾ miles E by N of Cwmbran r. station, and 4½ SW of Usk. Posttown, Caerleon, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £1,192. Pop., 172. Houses, 33. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £77. Patron, Jesus College, Oxford. The church is good.

Llanthewy Vach through time

Llanthewy Vach is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanthewy Vach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanthewy Vach in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10909

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanthewy Vach ".