Place:


Silverdale  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Silverdale like this:

SILVERDALE, a village and a township-chapelry in Warton parish, Lancashire. The village stands on Morecambe bay, near the Lancaster and Ulverstone railway, 4½ miles NW of Carnforth; is a sea-bathing resort; and has a r. station with telegraph, a post-office under Lancaster, a hotel, and good lodging-houses. The chapelry comprises 1,145 acres. Real property, £1,262. Pop., 294. Houses, 58. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Vicar of Warton. The church was built in 1679, and enlarged in 1829.

Silverdale through time

Silverdale is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Silverdale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Silverdale, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10891

Date accessed: 05th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Silverdale ".