Place:


Foxton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Foxton like this:

FOXTON, a parish in Market-Harborough district, Leicester; on the Union canal, and on the Leicester and Bedford railway, 3 miles NW of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough, under Rugby. Acres, 2, 020. Real property, £3, 878. Pop., 388. Houses, 94. The property is much subdivided. The surface is hilly and well wooded; and the soil is clayey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £128.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £18.

Foxton through time

Foxton is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Foxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Foxton, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10781

Date accessed: 21st August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Foxton ".