In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cotesbach like this:
COTTESBACH, a parish in Lutterworth district, Leicester; adjacent to Watling-street and the boundary with Warwick, 1¾ mile SSW of Lutterworth, and 4 SE by S of Ullesthorpe r. station. It has a post office under Lutterworth. Acres, 1, 227. Real property, £2, 327. Pop., 125. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £282.* Patron, the Rev. R. Marriott. The church is old but good, and has a tower. Wells, the author of the "Geography of the Bible, " was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cotesbach has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cotesbach and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cotesbach, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cotesbach".