Place:


Woolstaston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolstaston like this:

WOOLSTASTON, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; 1¼ mile WSW of Leebotwood r. station, and 3¼ N of Church-Stretton. Post town, Church-Stretton. Acres, 843. Real property, £810. Pop., 64. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £162.* Patron, the Rev. F. H. W. Whitmore. The church is good.

Woolstaston through time

Woolstaston is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolstaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolstaston, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10537

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woolstaston ".