Place:


Withington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Withington like this:

WITHINGTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on the Shrewsbury canal, 1¾ mile NE of Upton-Magna r. station, and 5¾ E of Shrewsbury. Post town, Upton-Magna, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,135. Real property, £1,998. Pop., 232. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to A. W. Corbet, Esq. The living is a p. curacy annexed to Upton-Magna. The church is decayed.

Withington through time

Withington is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Withington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Withington, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10532

Date accessed: 18th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Withington ".