Place:


Cold Weston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cold Weston like this:

COLD-WESTON, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; under the Clee Hills, 7½ miles NNE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 670. Real property, £332. Pop., 36. Houses, 5. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, J. H. Cornewall, Esq.

Cold Weston through time

Cold Weston is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cold Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cold Weston in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10525

Date accessed: 23rd May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cold Weston ".