Place:


Waters Upton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waters Upton like this:

UPTON-WATERS, or U.-Parva, a parish in Wellington district, Salop; 1 mile NW of Crudgington r. station, and 5½ NNW of Wellington. Post town, Wellington, Salop. Acres, 732. Real property, £1,763. Pop., 206. Houses, 47. The manor belongs to the Duke of Sutherland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £330.* Patron, the Rev. J. B. Davies. The church was rebuilt in 1865. Charities, £8.

Waters Upton through time

Waters Upton is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waters Upton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waters Upton, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10516

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waters Upton ".