Place:


Uffington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Uffington like this:

UFFINGTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on the river Severn, 2 miles ENE of Shrewsbury r. station. Post town, Shrewsbury. Acres, 2,110. Real property, £2,732. Pop., 180. Houses, 36. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £59. Patron, the Rev. J. D. Corbet. The church is good.

Uffington through time

Uffington is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Uffington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Uffington, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10513

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Uffington ".