Place:


Tibberton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tibberton like this:

TIBBERTON, a chapelry in Edgmond parish, Salop; 4½ miles W NW of Newport r. station. Post town, Edgmond, under Newport, Salop. Pop., 538. Houses, 106. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £100.* Patron, the Rev. J. D. Corbet. The church was rebuilt in 1842. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.

Tibberton through time

Tibberton is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tibberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tibberton, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10509

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tibberton ".