Place:


Sutton Maddock  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Maddock like this:

SUTTON-MADDOCK, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; near the river Severn, 1½ mile ESE of Coalport r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 2,662. Real property, £4,824. Pop., 420. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Kemberton. The church is good.

Sutton Maddock through time

Sutton Maddock is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Maddock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Maddock, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10506

Date accessed: 20th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Maddock ".