Place:


Stowe  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stowe like this:

STOWE, a parish in the district of Knighton and county of Salop; 2 miles NE of Knighton r. station. Post town, Knighton, Radnorshire. Acres, 2,724. Rated property, £1,582. Pop., 161. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £188.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor.

Stowe through time

Stowe is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stowe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stowe in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10502

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stowe ".