Place:


Stapleton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stapleton like this:

STAPLETON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¼ mile SSW of Condover r. station, and 5¼ S by W of Shrewsbury. Post town, Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,836. Real property, £3,759. Pop., 281. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to the Hon. W. H. Powys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £581.* Patron, the Hon. W. H. Powys. The church is ancient.

Stapleton through time

Stapleton is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stapleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stapleton, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10495

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stapleton ".