Place:


Stanton upon Hine Heath  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton upon Hine Heath like this:

STANTON-UPON-HINE-HEATH, a parish, with five townships, in Wem district, Salop; on the river Roden, 5 miles SE of Wem r. station. It has a post-office under Shrewsbury. Acres, 5,560. Real property, £6,952. Pop., 648. Houses, 133. The property is divided among three. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, Viscount Hill. The church is ancient but good. There are a slightly endowed school, and charities £14.

Stanton upon Hine Heath through time

Stanton upon Hine Heath is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton upon Hine Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton upon Hine Heath in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10494

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton upon Hine Heath ".