Place:


Sidbury  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sidbury like this:

SIDBURY, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; 3¾ miles W of Hampton r. station, and 5¼ SW by S of Bridgnorth. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,277. Rated property, £967. Pop., 60. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £227.* Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church is ancient.

Sidbury through time

Sidbury is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sidbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sidbury, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10487

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sidbury ".