Place:


Sibdon Carwood  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sibdon Carwood like this:

SIBDON-CARWOOD, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; 1¼ mile WSW of Craven-Arms r. station, and 7½ SSW of Church-Stretton. Post town, Craven-Arms, Shropshire. Acres, 1,090. Rated property, £849. Pop., 69. Houses, 12. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £50. Patron, J. Baxter, Esq. The church is good.

Sibdon Carwood through time

Sibdon Carwood is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sibdon Carwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sibdon Carwood in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10486

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sibdon Carwood ".