Place:


Bromsberrow  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bromsberrow like this:

BROMSBORROW, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; on the verge of the county, 4 miles SE of Ledbury r. station. Post Town, Ledbury. Acres, 1,803. Real property, £3,206. Pop., 305. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. Bromsborrow Place belonged to the Yateses, and passed to the Ricardos. Bromsborrow Heath is a meet for the Ledbury hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £339.* Patron, Earl Beauchamp. The church is ancient and excellent; and has monuments of the Yateses. Charities, £5.

Bromsberrow through time

Bromsberrow is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bromsberrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bromsberrow, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10440

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bromsberrow ".