Place:


Neen Savage  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Neen Savage like this:

NEEN-SAVAGE, a parish, with a village, in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; on the river Rea, 1 mile N of Cleobury-Mortimer, and 2 N of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station. Post-town, Cleobury-Mortimer, under Bewdley. Acres, 3, 779. Real property, £4, 376. Pop., 452. Houses, 98. The property is much subdivided. ...


Paperis manufactured. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £394.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient but good; and has a tower, formerly surmounted by a spire, which was destroyed by lightning in 1825. There are an endowed school with £24 a year, and charities £16.

Neen Savage through time

Neen Savage is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Neen Savage itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Neen Savage, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10433

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Neen Savage ".