Place:


More  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described More like this:

MORE, a township and a parish in Clun district, Salop. The township lies on the river Onny, near the boundary with Wales, 2½ miles NNE of Bishops-Castle r. station. The parish contains also the townships of Linley and Moreswood; and its Post town, is BishopsCastle, Shropshire. Acres, 3,533. ...


Real property, £2,653. Pop., 227. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to the Rev. T. F. More. There are ancient Norman shooting butts, and several ancient camps. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £270.* Patron, the Rev. T. F. More. The church was recently rebuilt, and has a tower. There are an endowed school with £.5 a year, and charities £5.

More through time

More is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about More itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of More in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10424

Date accessed: 27th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " More ".