Place:


Middleton Scriven  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middleton Scriven like this:

MIDDLETON-SCRIVEN, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; 4 miles WNW of Hampton-Lode r. station, and 4½ SW of Bridgnorth. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 786. Real property, £2,419. Pop., 111. Houses, 25. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £170.* Patron, T. Walker, Esq. The church is good, and has several stained glass windows.

Middleton Scriven through time

Middleton Scriven is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Middleton Scriven itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middleton Scriven, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10419

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Middleton Scriven ".