Place:


Meole Brace  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Meole Brace like this:

BRACE-MEOLE, a parish in Shrewsbury district, Salop; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 1 mile S of Shrewsbury. It is partly within Shrewsbury borough; includes the townships of Newton and Edgbold, Nobold, and part of Pulley; and contains the Shrewsbury workhouse and the Kingsland lunatic asylum. Post Town, Shrewsbury. Pop., 1,215. Houses, 260. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £425.* Patron, J. Bather, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1869, at a cost of £.4,500.

Meole Brace through time

Meole Brace is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Meole Brace itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Meole Brace, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10418

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Meole Brace ".