Place:


Lee Brockhurst  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lee Brockhurst like this:

LEE-BROCKHURST, a parish, with a village, in Wem district, Salop; on the river Roden, 2½ miles SE by E of Wem r. station. Post town, Wem, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 664. Real property, £1, 161. Pop., 133. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Viscount Hill. Sandstone for building is quarried. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £60. Patron, J. Walford, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a bellturret.

Lee Brockhurst through time

Lee Brockhurst is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lee Brockhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lee Brockhurst in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10397

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lee Brockhurst ".