Place:


Kynnersley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kynnersley like this:

KINNERSLEY, a parish in Wellington district, Salop; adjacent to the Shrewsbury and Newport canal, 4 miles NNE of Wellington r. station. It has a post office, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1, 789. Real property, £2, 739. Pop., 208. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. There is an ancient British camp, called the Wall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £442.* Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is ancient and good.

Kynnersley through time

Kynnersley is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kynnersley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kynnersley, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10393

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kynnersley ".