Place:


Kenley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kenley like this:

KENLEY, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 4 miles WNW of Much-Wenlock r. station. Post town, ActonBurnell, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,897. Rated property, £1, 900. Pop., 235. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £119. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is ancient and good.

Kenley through time

Kenley is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kenley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kenley, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10391

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kenley ".