Place:


Kemberton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kemberton like this:

KEMBERTON, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; 2 ½ miles SW by S of Shiffnal r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 1, 387. Real property, £2, 173. Pop., 244. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Coal occurs in the NW, and is worked by the Madeley Wood company. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Sutton-Maddock, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £570.* Patrons, Miss Slaney and others. The church is plain but good, and has a pinnacled tower.

Kemberton through time

Kemberton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kemberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kemberton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10390

Date accessed: 27th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kemberton ".