Place:


Habberley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Habberley like this:

HABBERLEY, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; under Stiperstones hill, 1½ mile S by E of Pontesbury r. station, and 8½ SW of Shrewsbury. Post town, Minsterley, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 795. Real property, £4, 760; of which £300 are in mines. Pop., in 1851, 144; in 1861, 112. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocesc of Hereford. Value, £158.* Patron, W. H. Sparrow, Esq. The church is good.

Habberley through time

Habberley is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Habberley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Habberley, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10364

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Habberley ".