Place:


Grinshill  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grinshill like this:

GRINSHILL, a parish in Wem district, Salop; near the Yorton station of the Crewe and Shrewsbury railway, 4 miles S of Wem. It has a post office under Shrewsbury. Acres, 827. Rated property, £1, 730. Pop., 317. house, 61. The property is divided among a few. Building stone is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £106 Patron, the Rev. John Wood. The church was enlarged in 1840, and is good. Charities, £6.

Grinshill through time

Grinshill is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grinshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grinshill in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10362

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grinshill ".