Place:


Glazeley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glazeley like this:

GLAZELEY, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on an affluent of the Severn, 3½ miles SSW of Bridg-north town and r. station. It has a post office under Bridgnorth. Acres, 636. Rated property, £605. Pop., 67. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Chetton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is ancient, and in fair condition.

Glazeley through time

Glazeley is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glazeley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glazeley, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10359

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glazeley ".