Place:


Childs Ercall  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Childs Ercall like this:

CHILDSERCALL, a parish in Market-Drayton district, Salop; near the river Tern and Market-Drayton and Wellington railway, 6½ miles S of Market-Drayton. It has a post office under Market-Drayton. Acres, 3, 633. Real property, £5, 101. Pop., 470. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £66.* Patron, R. Corbet, Esq. The church is good.

Childs Ercall through time

Childs Ercall is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Childs Ercall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Childs Ercall in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10291

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Childs Ercall ".