Place:


Edgton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edgton like this:

EDGTON, a parish in Clun district, Salop; near the river Onny, 4½ miles SE of Bishops-Castle, and 4¾ W by S of Marsh-Brook r. station. Post town, Aston-on-Clun, Salop. Acres, 1,832. Real property, £1, 950. Pop., 186. Houses, 42. The property is divided-among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £70.* Patron, H. Sandford, Esq. The church is old but good. .

Edgton through time

Edgton is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edgton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edgton in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10283

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edgton ".