Place:


Easthope  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easthope like this:

EASTHOPE, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; under Wenlock-Edge, 4½ miles SW of Much-Wenlock r. station, and 7¾ ENE of Church-Stretton. Post town, Burton, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 814. Real property, £763. Pop., 109. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £133.* Patron, M. G. Benson, Esq. The church is tolerable.

Easthope through time

Easthope is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easthope itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easthope, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10268

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easthope ".