Place:


Tadmarton  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tadmarton like this:

TADMARTON, a parish, with a village, in Banbury district, Oxford; 5 miles WSW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 2,500. Real property, £3,816. Pop., 411. Houses, 103. The property is much subdivided. There are an ancient camp and two tumuli; and Roman coins have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £307.* Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There is a national school.

Tadmarton through time

Tadmarton is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tadmarton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tadmarton, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10229

Date accessed: 21st July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tadmarton ".