Place:


Swinbrook  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swinbrook like this:

SWINBROOK, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; 2 miles E of Burford r. station. Post town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,140. Real property, £1,335. Pop., 191. Houses, 42. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Widford. The church's chancel was recently restored. There are an endowed school with £60 a year, and charities £283.

Swinbrook through time

Swinbrook is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swinbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swinbrook in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10222

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swinbrook ".