Place:


Clungunford  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clungunford like this:

CLUNGUNFORD, a parish in Clun district, Salop; on the river Clun, Watling-street, and the Central Wales railway, near Hopton-Heath r. station, 6¼ miles ESE of Clun. It includes the townships of Abcott, Beckjay, Broadward, Shelderton, and part of Broom and Rowton: and its post town is Aston-on-Clun. ...


Acres, 3, 620. Real property, £4, 261. Pop., 647. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. Clungunford House and Broadward Hall are chief residences. Limestone is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £530.* Patron, the Rev. Mr. Rocke. The church is early decorated English, in good condition; and there are charities £59.

Clungunford through time

Clungunford is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clungunford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clungunford in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10212

Date accessed: 21st July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clungunford ".