Place:


Church Aston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church Aston like this:

CHURCH-ASTON, a chapelry in Edgmond parish, Salop; 1 mile S of Newport. Real property, £. 3, 372. Pop., 574. Houses, 123. The living is a rectory. Value, £145.* The church was rebuilt in 1867.

Church Aston through time

Church Aston is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Church Aston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church Aston, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10197

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Church Aston ".