Place:


Radcot  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radcot like this:

RADCOT, or Radcutt, a hamlet in Langford parish, Oxford; on the river Thames, 2 miles S W of Bampton-in-the-Bush. Real property, £768. Pop., 36. Houses, 10. A three-arched bridge here crosses the Thames; is supposed to have been erected in the 13th century; and was the scene of a battle in 1387, between Robert Vere, Duke of Ireland, and the Earl of Derby, afterwards Henry IV.

Radcot through time

Radcot is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radcot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radcot in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10120

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Radcot ".