Place:


Suckley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Suckley like this:

SUCKLEY, a parish in Martley district, Worcester; 5 miles ESE of Bromyard, and 7 WNW of Malvern Link r. station. It includes Alfrick and Lulsley townships, and contains much interesting scenery. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 5,184. Real property, £8,421. Pop., 1,207. Houses, 271. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £700.* Patron, the Crown. The church is good, and has a massive tower. There are chapels of ease in Alfrick and Lulsley, a Huntingdonian chapel, a free school, and charities £73.

Suckley through time

Suckley is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Suckley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Suckley, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10101

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Suckley ".