Place:


Ripple  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ripple like this:

RIPPLE, a village and a parish in Upton-on-Severn district, Worcester. The village stands adjacent to the Malvern and Tewkesbury railway, at the boundary with Gloucestershire, near the river Severn, 3½ miles N N W of Tewkesbury; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Tewkesbury. ...


The parish contains also the hamlets of Queenhill and Hold fast, and comprises 4, 140 acres. Real property, £8, 502. Pop., 1,045. Houses, 253. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Mrs. Parkhurst. R. Hall is the residence of J. Empson, Esq. Market-gardening is largelycarried on. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Queenhill, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £1,000. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, cruciform, and good. There is a national school.

Ripple through time

Ripple is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ripple itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ripple, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10076

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ripple ".