Place:


Quinton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quinton like this:

QUINTON, a chapelry in Halesowen parish, Worcester; adjacent to Staffordshire, 3 miles S E by S of Oldbury r. station, and 4 W S W of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1841; comprises the townships of Cake-more, Ridgacre, Warley-Salop, and Warley-Wigorn; and has a post-office under Birmingham. Pop. in 1861, 2, 495. Houses, 480. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £220.* Patron, the Rector of Halesowen. The church was built in 1841; and is in the early English style, with bell turret. There are a national school and a free school.

Quinton through time

Quinton is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quinton, in Birmingham and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10075

Date accessed: 21st May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quinton ".