Place:


Ribbesford  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ribbesford like this:

RIBBESFORD, a village and a parish in Kidderminster district, Worcester. The village stands on the river Severn, ¾ of a mile S of Bewdley r. station; and was once a market-town. The parish contains also the borough of Bewdley and part of the chapelry of Far-Forest. Post-town, Bewdley. Acres, 4, 430. ...


Rated property, exclusive of Bewdley, £1, 466. Pop., exclusive of Bewdley and Far-Forest, 253. Houses, 52. Pop. of the whole, in 1851, 3, 435; in 1861, 3, 158. Houses, 738. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dudley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £360. Patron, the Rev. E. W. Ingram. The church is good, and partly Norman; and contains several ancient monuments. See Bewdley.

Ribbesford through time

Ribbesford is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ribbesford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ribbesford, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10074

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ribbesford ".