Place:


Culceth  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Culceth like this:

CULCHETH, a township and a sub-district in Leigh district, Lancashire. The township is in Newchurch-Kenyon parish; lies on the Liverpool and Manchester railway, 3 miles S of Leigh; and has a church, Methodist chapels, an endowed school for boys and girls, and charities £49. Acres, 5, 361. Real property, £10, 339. Pop., 2, 214. Houses, 444. Culcheth Hall is the seat of the Withingtons. -The sub-district includes also two townships of Leigh parish. Acres, 10, 427. Pop., 10, 881. Houses, 2, 204.

Culceth through time

Culceth is now part of Warrington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warrington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Culceth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Culceth, in Warrington and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10071

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Culceth ".