Place:


Filkins  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Filkins like this:

FILKINS, a chapelry in Broadwell parish, Oxford; 5 miles SSW of Burford. It has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 3, 430. Real property, £2, 420. Pop., 641. Houses, 154. F. Hall is the seat ofSmith, Esq. The living is a vicarage. Value, £76.* The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Filkins through time

Filkins is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Filkins itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Filkins in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10057

Date accessed: 15th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Filkins ".