Place:


Pirton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pirton like this:

PIRTON, a parish, with a village, in Pershore district, Worcester; 1 mile W of Wadborough r. station, and 4¾ W N W of Pershore. Post-town, Worcester. Acres, 1, 669. Real property, £2,036. Pop., 212. Houses, 45. The property belongs to the Earl of Coventry. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Croome-D' Abitot, in the diocese of Worcester. The church istolerable; and there is a free school.

Pirton through time

Pirton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pirton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pirton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10007

Date accessed: 18th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pirton ".