Place:


Pendock  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pendock like this:

PENDOCK, a parish, with a village, in the district of Tewkesbury and county of Worcester; adjacent to Gloucestershire, 5½ miles W N W of Tewkesbury r. station. Post-town, Tewkesbury. Acres, 1, 163. Real property, £2,056. Pop., 329. Houses, 74. The manor belonged to Worcester abbey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £330.* Patron, the Rev. W. S. Symonds. The church is old, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6.

Pendock through time

Pendock is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pendock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pendock, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10000

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pendock ".