Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PADDINGTON

PADDINGTON, a chapelry in Eccles and Manchester parishes, Lancashire; in the W vicinity of Manchester city. It was constituted in 1848; and its post town is Manchester. Rated property, £13, 627. Pop. in 1861, of the Eccles portion, 5, 243; of the Manchester portion, 1, 245. Houses, 1,024 and 259. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Manchester CP/AP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Paddington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.