PLATT, a chapelry in Wrotham parish, Kent; 5 miles N E of Sevenoaks r. station. It was constituted in 1846, and its post town is Sevenoaks. Pop., 1,023. Houses, 202. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. . Value, £400.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. . The church was built in 1845, and is a handsomeedifice. Schools also were built in 1845.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Platt CP/Ch Wrotham CP/AP Kent AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.