Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for THORPE-SALVIN

THORPE-SALVIN, a parish, with a village, in the district of Worksop and W. R. Yorkshire; 1 mile SE of Kiveton-Park r. station, and 5 W by N of Worksop. Post town, Worksop. Acres, 2,180. Real property, £2,586; of which £70 are in quarries. Pop., 337. Houses, 68. The manor belongs to the Duke of Leeds; and Netherthorpe, to E. Girdler, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £350.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is chiefly Norman.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Thorpe Salvin Ch/CP       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Thorpe Salvin

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.