Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for THRUSHELTON

THRUSHELTON, a parish in Tavistock district, Devon; 2½ miles N of Coryton r. station, and 9 N of Tavistock. Post town, Lewdown, North Devon. Acres, 3,714. Real property, £2,447; of which £410 are in quarries. Pop., 484. Houses, 101. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Marystowe. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a charity-school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Thrushelton Ch/CP       Tavistock PLU/RegD       Devon AncC
Place: Thrushelton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.